ArubaOS and Controllers

MVP

Forcing guest users through upstream proxy

Hi All,

We have a number of Aruba school customer who all have web proxies between their sites and the internet. We are currently using proxy.pac files deployed via DHCP on their controller to set the guests proxy setting automatically.

I've read that you can just destination NAT the HTTP traffic to the proxy in this post and was wondering if anyone has this setup working before I make any changes.

Also as the controller is destination NATing the traffic outbound the traffic will return to the controller with a source port of 8080. The client is expecting a source port of 80. Does the controller automatically source NAT the traffic on the way back to the client as well?

Thanks
James
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Guru Elite

Re: Forcing guest users through upstream proxy

Hi All,

We have a number of Aruba school customer who all have web proxies between their sites and the internet. We are currently using proxy.pac files deployed via DHCP on their controller to set the guests proxy setting automatically.

I've read that you can just destination NAT the HTTP traffic to the proxy in this post and was wondering if anyone has this setup working before I make any changes.

Also as the controller is destination NATing the traffic outbound the traffic will return to the controller with a source port of 8080. The client is expecting a source port of 80. Does the controller automatically source NAT the traffic on the way back to the client as well?

Thanks
James

Yes. Also please understand that method only works with http, AND the proxy must be a transparent proxy to function properly.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
MVP

Re: Forcing guest users through upstream proxy

OK thanks for clarifying.
Cheers
James

-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: