ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Guest Provisioning - Active Times

We recently upgraded to 3.4.1.0, and I really like some of the changes that were made to the Guest Provisioning page since our previous version. I have noticed something peculiar, and I am wondering if there is a way to correct it.

Each day, the first time you logon and create a new user, the Account Start Time typically populates the wrong time. It generally sets the hour as 12:00 AM, with the minutes corresponding to current time. This would not be an issue at all, if not for the fact that the default end time is one hour later. Logging out and back in seems to correct the problem, but can be a bit more trouble than help unless making a large number of guest accounts. As a secondary question, is there a way to change the default End time on the accounts? I have the setting for maximum duration, but do not see default.
Guru Elite

Guest Provisioning Wrong Time

We recently upgraded to 3.4.1.0, and I really like some of the changes that were made to the Guest Provisioning page since our previous version. I have noticed something peculiar, and I am wondering if there is a way to correct it.

Each day, the first time you logon and create a new user, the Account Start Time typically populates the wrong time. It generally sets the hour as 12:00 AM, with the minutes corresponding to current time. This would not be an issue at all, if not for the fact that the default end time is one hour later. Logging out and back in seems to correct the problem, but can be a bit more trouble than help unless making a large number of guest accounts. As a secondary question, is there a way to change the default End time on the accounts? I have the setting for maximum duration, but do not see default.

Chris,

I just tried on ArubaOS 3.4.1.1 and this has been changed. It populates the start time with the current time on the controller. There is no way to set the default end time on the accounts, yet. In 3.4.1.1 it is 8 hours.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Guest Provisioning - Active Times

Sounds good. I'll see about scheduling the upgrade to 3.4.1.1.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: