ArubaOS and Controllers

Aruba Employee

Guest account printout

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing an issue with logos on their guest account printout. I've uploaded our Corporate logo to my guest controller and it looks really good in print previews, however, when I print the page, the logo is stretched and distorted, making it look pretty awful. I've tried this with many different printers and different computers. Anyone else seeing this or am I doing something wrong?

I'm including the screenshots of the print preview and the actual printout.

Thanks...
Guru Elite

Page 536 of the ArubaOS 5.0 user guide

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing an issue with logos on their guest account printout. I've uploaded our Corporate logo to my guest controller and it looks really good in print previews, however, when I print the page, the logo is stretched and distorted, making it look pretty awful. I've tried this with many different printers and different computers. Anyone else seeing this or am I doing something wrong?

I'm including the screenshots of the print preview and the actual printout.

Thanks...

On page 536 of the ArubaOS 5.0 user guide:

"Aruba recommends using a logo or banner image that is 600 x 100 pixels (width x height).
The WebUI does not apply the size restrictions when you upload an image file, but the image is resized to 600 x 100 pixels when it displays or is printed."

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Re: Guest account printout

Ah, indeed it does, thanks Colin, I'll try to find something that size. Interestingly enough, the "Help" page on the guest provisioning page on the controller says 50px by 120px.
Guru Elite

Help Page

Mike,

Thanks for uncovering that. In your defense, it is also not easy to find in the user guide document. We probably want to open a case to get that discrepancy addressed. What version of ArubaOS is this one?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Mike,

Thanks for uncovering that. In your defense, it is also not easy to find in the user guide document. We probably want to open a case to get that discrepancy addressed. What version of ArubaOS is this one?

It's in 3.4.0.x and 3.4.2.x for sure.

Thanks Colin.
Occasional Contributor II

Mike :
I had the same issue, but when I inserted text above the logo, it printed out fine. Don't know why or if that's the way it's suppose to work, but it fixed it for me.
Aruba Employee

That's what I'm going to mess with now, Dennis, thanks!

Colin, that help screen was from the wrong page in the controller. That was from the GPP layout, not the guest printout page.

I'm trying to upload a new logo to the guest page, but it has the old one in cache somewhere and I can't overwrite it. I've rebooted, deleted the gc_logo.gif file, nothing works, ugh!
Guru Elite

Flashbackup

Mike,

I'm going to have to ask you to open a case, because support will need your flashbackup to replicate the issue with not being able to replace the guest provisioning page. It only happens in certain instances and we need your data to figure out exactly what instances.

Colin Joseph

Regular Contributor I

Cool, same problem here ;-) after upgrading from 3.3.2.x to 3.4.2.3 ;-)

i loved the copy/paste ability of quick created vouchers, now im not able to copy/paste anymore in the preview..

therefore i would love to have some multiple printout e.g. if you want to handover 10 vouchers at once. also the ability to create 10 vouchers at once would be nice.

e.g. one final page with 10x vouchers and with the logo (in the logo we just added some hint to the SSID to be used and to use DHCP mode in the wifi adapter)

regards
ben
Occasional Contributor II

multi-print "vouchers"

bg...

I'm sure this belongs in another thread, but I sure agree. Yet another enhancement request. I've got hearing rooms at multiple buildings, and I'd LOVE to be able to just have a bunch of pre-printed "vouchers" (# of my choosing). If we tried to manually enter 100 users 5-10 minutes before a hearing, we'd be clobbered.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: