ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor I

Guest printout red x

Hello,

cant find the old thread describing the problem regarding the "red x" on guest-voucher printouts, customer reports in aos 5.x and also latest 6.x he has "red x" instead of the graphic on the printout.

how to solve?, i had this once but cant remember ;-)

regards
ben
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Guest printout red x

Ihad this issue a while back.
Can't say that i'm sure but i think i resolved it by using a certificate trusted by the browser.

/K
Aruba Employee

Pretty sure he's referencing the guest printout from a printer.

I don't remember that particular thread, I know there was this thread earlier which I think you took part in: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2242&highlight=guest+printout

I assume the graphic is the right size and shows up in the preview fine?

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Regular Contributor I

Hi Andy, ;-)

yes the preview shows properly, in this case he mentions that he's using the proper dimensions/pixel size and preview shows fine, but printout shows a little "red x", dont think that has to do with certificates..

regards
ben
Regular Contributor I

Pretty sure he's referencing the guest printout from a printer.

I don't remember that particular thread, I know there was this thread earlier which I think you took part in: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2242&highlight=guest+printout

I assume the graphic is the right size and shows up in the preview fine?

-awl

as you see i already replied to that thread few days ago , but no one replied ;-(

well i will ask customer to get guest-provisionig account to checkout myself again. let's see

regards
ben
Aruba Employee

I would check out the type and size of the graphic they are using, and make sure that matches what's specified in the user guide. If that all lines up my may want to give support a call. I've not seen that myself, but maybe they have.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Aruba Networks
Regular Contributor I

I would check out the type and size of the graphic they are using, and make sure that matches what's specified in the user guide. If that all lines up my may want to give support a call. I've not seen that myself, but maybe they have.

-awl

checked customer's controller as described to re-produce, happens here too while printout gives this little sign above :

Regular Contributor I

nevermind, solved this , it seems the graphic wasnt properly uploaded to controllers webui , works now fine as expected.
Aruba Employee

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out. What was it that your customer was doing wrong? I'd like to make sure we document it properly in the KB so we can help others out.

thanks,
-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Aruba Networks
Regular Contributor I

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out. What was it that your customer was doing wrong? I'd like to make sure we document it properly in the KB so we can help others out.

thanks,
-awl

this may sound funny, but the customer seemed to didnt upload the image properly, cause in the preview it just didnt show up , after re-upload of myself with a 256bit .BMP mspaint dummy file then the preview worked and also the printout showed the image quite fine.

;-9

regards
ben
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: