ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Guest provisioning: a bug with the maximum expiration time ?

Hi,

We have an aruba 6000 running with OS 5.0.3.0.
When setting up a max expiration time for the guest account in Internal DB, we are facing some troubles while creating accounts through the guest provisioning page.

In face, it seems to not be possible to create an account if the time difference between now and the start date or the end date is above the max expiration time.

For example, with a max expiration time set to 10 days (14400 minutes), today is April 19th, if I create an account that should be valid from 30th April, i get an error message telling me : Error: Accounts cannot exist longer than 14400 minutes.

We get the same error message when creating an account with the time difference between now and the account end date greater than the max expiration date.

This problem is a bit annoying for some of our users willing to create guest account far in advance.

The problem doesn't show if no max expiration date is set.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sylvain
Guru Elite

Re: Guest provisioning: a bug with the maximum expiration time ?

Hi,

We have an aruba 6000 running with OS 5.0.3.0.
When setting up a max expiration time for the guest account in Internal DB, we are facing some troubles while creating accounts through the guest provisioning page.

In face, it seems to not be possible to create an account if the time difference between now and the start date or the end date is above the max expiration time.

For example, with a max expiration time set to 10 days (14400 minutes), today is April 19th, if I create an account that should be valid from 30th April, i get an error message telling me : Error: Accounts cannot exist longer than 14400 minutes.

We get the same error message when creating an account with the time difference between now and the account end date greater than the max expiration date.

This problem is a bit annoying for some of our users willing to create guest account far in advance.

The problem doesn't show if no max expiration date is set.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sylvain

Can you open up a support case, so that TAC can replicate it on your equipment?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: