ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

HELP: Locked out of A200 web/CLI login, need to reset passwords!!

Hi All,

I have an Aruba 200 controller meant for conducting demos and the password for the CLI and the web page login have been lost (admin, admin doesn't work). Does anyone know how to reset the unit so the passwords go back to default? The CLI command "write erase all" is not possible for me since I am locked out of the serial management because I don't have the password. When I boot and have a hyperterminal connection to the unit I can see the boot/POST echo on the screen and there is an opportunity to break in and get a boot prompt (cpboot>_ ). Is this where you can reset the unit? It looks like there is a command to reset the flash or something ("flash erase XXXX") and I'm hoping the proper command will reset the unit and re-invoke the setup wizard? There are no buttons on the unit to reset it unfortunately so I'm hoping the "cpboot prompt" enables a possible reset?

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it! I have already done my reasearch on this site and none of the good suggestions out there related to my specific problem were able to help me out. Also FYI the unit does not have any documentation, just a half a dozen Software License Certificate sheets.

Thanks!
Guru Elite

Contact

Hi All,

I have an Aruba 200 controller meant for conducting demos and the password for the CLI and the web page login have been lost (admin, admin doesn't work). Does anyone know how to reset the unit so the passwords go back to default? The CLI command "write erase all" is not possible for me since I am locked out of the serial management because I don't have the password. When I boot and have a hyperterminal connection to the unit I can see the boot/POST echo on the screen and there is an opportunity to break in and get a boot prompt (cpboot>_ ). Is this where you can reset the unit? It looks like there is a command to reset the flash or something ("flash erase XXXX") and I'm hoping the proper command will reset the unit and re-invoke the setup wizard? There are no buttons on the unit to reset it unfortunately so I'm hoping the "cpboot prompt" enables a possible reset?

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it! I have already done my reasearch on this site and none of the good suggestions out there related to my specific problem were able to help me out. Also FYI the unit does not have any documentation, just a half a dozen Software License Certificate sheets.

Thanks!

You should contact support@arubanetworks.com and they will be able to walk you through it.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: HELP: Locked out of A200 web/CLI login, need to reset passwords!!

Thank-you! I've sent a request to Aruba support.
MVP

From the serial connection boot to the command prompt then do the following.

User: password
Password: forgetme!
> configure terminal
> mgmt-user admin root
> now enter new admin password
> write memory
> exit
> exit
> exit
Now login as the admin user with the new passowrd.

This works on version 3.3.2.13 and possibly all others.
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
New Contributor

From the serial connection boot to the command prompt then do the following.

User: password
Password: forgetme!
> configure terminal
> mgmt-user admin root
> now enter new admin password
> write memory
> exit
> exit
> exit
Now login as the admin user with the new passowrd.

This works on version 3.3.2.13 and possibly all others.

There is one part left out - once you are in with the "password" user, the enable password is "enable"
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: