ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Having problem pushing config from M3 Master to local SCII card

I just upgraded my SCII Master and Backup controllers to M3 and now I am trying to replace two of my older SCI cards with the SCII cards. I cleared the config and brought them back up with the same IP address as the old SCI cards but now they are not recieving the whole update from the Master Controllers. One of the main items that it is not recieving is the netdestination addresses. The netdestination name is there but it does not contain any other information like ranges or hosts. It is being pushed to all my other Local Controllers all of which are SCII. There are also a lot of errors showing up in the logs. I am running 3.4.1.0. There has been no network configuration change, only the controllers hardware has changed. Any ideas?

Jan 28 07:56:48 |publisher| Pubsub send message code 0 source port 8378 to destination port 8345 failed, errno Connection timed out
Jan 28 07:56:50 |authmgr| An internal system error has occurred at file ncfg_profmgr.c function ncfg_profmgr_recv_bytes line 63 error recv returned 0, expecting 5.
Jan 28 07:56:50 |profmgr| An internal system error has occurred at file profmgr_msg.c function profmgr_read_bytes line 301 error Client /var/profmgr/auth_xr connection closed.
Jan 28 07:56:52 |stm| Unexpected stm (Station managment) runtime error at data_path_handler, 571, data_path_handler: recv - Network is down
Jan 28 08:00:54 |profmgr| An internal system error has occurred at file profmgr_msg.c function profmgr_client_send line 514 error Client /var/profmgr/auth write timed out.
Jan 28 08:00:54 |authmgr| An internal system error has occurred at file ncfg_profmgr.c function ncfg_profmgr_recv_bytes line 63 error recv returned 0, expecting 5.
Jan 28 08:00:54 |profmgr| An internal system error has occurred at file profmgr_msg.c function profmgr_read_bytes line 301 error Client /var/profmgr/auth_xr connection closed.

Aruba Employee

Re: Having problem pushing config from M3 Master to local SCII card

Looks like the new local controller doesnt have the PEF license.
Occasional Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem, but for me it's between two 3600 controlers with 3.4.2 ArubaOS version (both have a pef licence). I made some tests : this problem arrived when i reboot one of two controlers. When it finish to boot, sometimes I'am not able to loggin.

I have the same errors logs and I have this too :
Jan 31 07:27:21 stm: LargeReplyTimeout: TIMEOUT
Jan 31 07:27:21 stm: LargeReplyTimeout: TIMEOUT
Jan 31 07:27:21 stm: PAPI_SendWaitForLargeReply: No response from 7f000001:8226
Jan 31 07:27:21 stm: PAPI_SendWaitForLargeReply: No response from 7f000001:8226
Jan 31 07:27:26 httpd: LargeReplyTimeout: TIMEOUT
Jan 31 07:27:26 httpd: LargeReplyTimeout: TIMEOUT
Jan 31 07:27:26 httpd: PAPI_SendWaitForLargeReply: No response from 7f000001:8226

Perhaps it's the version of the OS. Does the 3.4.X is stable? What OS is recommanded by ARUBA?

Please help...

PS : Sorry for my english...

Thanks in advance
Guru Elite

Reboot Controller

If you reboot a controller, yes the first controller will have issues trying to contact it, which is what those messages look like. Secondly, some messages have been left into the Aruba code that provide more information for engineers, but do not necessarily mean there is an issue. The messages themselves are not a problem, it is if you have a problem with functionality.

The controller is not available immediately after it reboots. If you plug into the console and it has read its configuration already, that is when you should be able to ping it and then login. The controller will routinely have the green light on, meaning it is ready to interpret the config, but the console will be saying "reading configuration - this could take a couple minutes". When that message finally goes away, and you can ping the controller you should be able to login. If that is not occurring, you need to open a case so that it can be pursued.

On the support downloads site there is a folder that says "recommended release". That is the build you should download.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

OK so that was the issues... newb mistake... When going to reconfigure my SCII from master to local, I did Write Erase All so it removed the licenses.

Thanks for the help.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: