ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

How Can One Delete a Profile....

on an active controller? I have created a second profile I was using for testing months back, and now no longer require it. I figured I could omit the profile parameters in startup.cfg and this would remove, but it repopulates the parameters after a restart. Elements of this profile show up under:

aaa server-group
aaa profile
wlan vap
AP group

Is there a database table in flash that is being used in a reboot that might be populating the profile...even though it doesn't exist in startup.cfg? Thanks in advance!
Aruba Employee

Re: How Can One Delete a Profile....

Hi Bruce,

That should not occur unless after editing the text file you choose to save config when you reboot the controller. If that's the case you will end up with the profiles back in your config as they were a part of the running config, and that was written to the startup config. The other possibility is that you are booting to a different config file than the one you edited.

In the WebUI you can simply go into the All Profiles section and delete the profiles you want removed. You'll need to do this in a bottoms up fashion, so that any profile you are deleting is not relied upon by another profile. If that happens you'll get an error about the dependency.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Contributor I

Specific to the Reboot....

...from the GUI I tell it to boot from a "named.cfg" instead of the default.cfg file so even if I did elect to save at reboot, it shouldn't account for the repopulation of the profile information. I don't have a redundant master so this isn't a culprit either. Its almost as though the controller is gleaning this ssid profile information from a seperate source, ie, a table in flash. When you say delete bottom-up, what order are you referring to specifically? Thank you for your assistance AWL.

Bruce
Aruba Employee

Re: How Can One Delete a Profile....

I'd have to check if once you select a new config file it will then write to that config on reboot. What I normally do is boot everything from default.cfg, and simply copy the file I want to boot from over the top of the existing default.cfg. That saves me from ever having to remember which config I'm booting from. My process is:

1. save running config - now the system is ok that I've written changes
2. copy new config file over the top of default.cfg
3. reboot and don't save config

As to the bottom up part, what I mean is to make sure you're not doing something like trying to delete a profile that is in use by other profiles, such as deleting an VAP in use by an AP group. Essentially if you have a profile that is being used by another profile, you can't delete it until you remove it from that parent profile. Bottom up probably wasn't the best terminology, coffee wasn't working.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Guru Elite

ArubaOS 3.4 Wlan Wizard

on an active controller? I have created a second profile I was using for testing months back, and now no longer require it. I figured I could omit the profile parameters in startup.cfg and this would remove, but it repopulates the parameters after a restart. Elements of this profile show up under:

aaa server-group
aaa profile
wlan vap
AP group

Is there a database table in flash that is being used in a reboot that might be populating the profile...even though it doesn't exist in startup.cfg? Thanks in advance!

If you are using ArubaOS 3.4 and you created a WLAN using the WLAN wizard, the Wlan Wizard allows you to remove all the profiles associated with that WLAN if you run the Wizard again.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
don
Contributor I

Deleting Profiles

If your deleting profiles from the web interface, it's helps to use the "Show Reference" button to see what other profiles are using the one you are attempting to delete. That way you can also make sure you're not deleting or changing something unintentionally.

Don Wright
Brown Univ
New Contributor

Deleting Profiles

I just went through all this and it is quite a pain. I had created a test captive portal configuration through the wizard in 3.3.3.8 and it took some time to pull all the stuff back out afterwards. The show reference command showed what I needed to remove but it didn't help me with the order.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: