ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

How To Import Certificate Key Pair

Hey Gang,

I'm sorry to ask what appears to be an easy question, but I cannot figure out how to import a certificate into the controller.

I have generated the CSR, received the certificate (.cer) back from the CA, but I'm unable to import the certificate. I would like to use the certificate for the captive portal, but I cannot figure out how to correctly import the certificate.

Any help is appreciated.

-Dan
Guru Elite

Import Certificate

Dan,

This may be a silly questions, but did you try going to Configuration> Management> Certificates and Importing as a .der?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
New Contributor

Re: How To Import Certificate Key Pair

Colin,

Thanks for the response. I have tried importing as a .der, and recieve the following error.

Error uploading certificate. Error in cert format.
Guru Elite

Open a Case

There are a number of reasons why this could be happening. Please open a support case so that we don't drag you through them all.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
MVP

Managing Aruba Certificates is unfortunately sad

Dan,

Here's our (edited) procedure for adding an 802.1X certificate to the controller. For the WebUI certificate, see the last step:

1) Log into controller webui and navigate to Config->Certificates->CSR tab

2) Key Length: 1024
Common Name: ex. host.domain.com
State: State
City: City
Org: College
Unit: Department
Email: email@fakeemail.com

3) Click Generate New. After it creates a new CSR, click View Current and copy the CSR from the bottom section

4) Use the generated CSR and order a certificate from your chosen provider.

5) Once the certificate is received from the your provider, paste into notepad, and save it locally.

6) Log back into controller webui to Config->Certificates->Upload tab

7) Certificate Name:
Certificate Filename: (select from local machine)
Passphrase : blank
Certificate Format: PEM (will have to change)
Certificate Type: Server Cert (will have to change)

8) Click upload, sit back, and relax. Once uploaded you can click View to....View the cert!

- For the web certificate, go to Configuration -> General, and choose the file you upload for the WebUI Management server certificate.
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: