01-28-2010 02:55 PM
I'm sorry to ask what appears to be an easy question, but I cannot figure out how to import a certificate into the controller.
I have generated the CSR, received the certificate (.cer) back from the CA, but I'm unable to import the certificate. I would like to use the certificate for the captive portal, but I cannot figure out how to correctly import the certificate.
Any help is appreciated.
01-28-2010 03:51 PM
01-28-2010 06:25 PM
Aruba Customer Engineering
Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
02-02-2010 01:40 PM
Here's our (edited) procedure for adding an 802.1X certificate to the controller. For the WebUI certificate, see the last step:
1) Log into controller webui and navigate to Config->Certificates->CSR tab
2) Key Length: 1024
Common Name: ex. host.domain.com
3) Click Generate New. After it creates a new CSR, click View Current and copy the CSR from the bottom section
4) Use the generated CSR and order a certificate from your chosen provider.
5) Once the certificate is received from the your provider, paste into notepad, and save it locally.
6) Log back into controller webui to Config->Certificates->Upload tab
7) Certificate Name:
Certificate Filename: (select from local machine)
Passphrase : blank
Certificate Format: PEM (will have to change)
Certificate Type: Server Cert (will have to change)
8) Click upload, sit back, and relax. Once uploaded you can click View to....View the cert!
- For the web certificate, go to Configuration -> General, and choose the file you upload for the WebUI Management server certificate.
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University