ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

How To Import Certificate Key Pair

Hey Gang,

I'm sorry to ask what appears to be an easy question, but I cannot figure out how to import a certificate into the controller.

I have generated the CSR, received the certificate (.cer) back from the CA, but I'm unable to import the certificate. I would like to use the certificate for the captive portal, but I cannot figure out how to correctly import the certificate.

Any help is appreciated.

-Dan
Guru Elite

Import Certificate

Dan,

This may be a silly questions, but did you try going to Configuration> Management> Certificates and Importing as a .der?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: How To Import Certificate Key Pair

Colin,

Thanks for the response. I have tried importing as a .der, and recieve the following error.

Error uploading certificate. Error in cert format.
Guru Elite

Open a Case

There are a number of reasons why this could be happening. Please open a support case so that we don't drag you through them all.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Managing Aruba Certificates is unfortunately sad

Dan,

Here's our (edited) procedure for adding an 802.1X certificate to the controller. For the WebUI certificate, see the last step:

1) Log into controller webui and navigate to Config->Certificates->CSR tab

2) Key Length: 1024
Common Name: ex. host.domain.com
State: State
City: City
Org: College
Unit: Department
Email: email@fakeemail.com

3) Click Generate New. After it creates a new CSR, click View Current and copy the CSR from the bottom section

4) Use the generated CSR and order a certificate from your chosen provider.

5) Once the certificate is received from the your provider, paste into notepad, and save it locally.

6) Log back into controller webui to Config->Certificates->Upload tab

7) Certificate Name:
Certificate Filename: (select from local machine)
Passphrase : blank
Certificate Format: PEM (will have to change)
Certificate Type: Server Cert (will have to change)

8) Click upload, sit back, and relax. Once uploaded you can click View to....View the cert!

- For the web certificate, go to Configuration -> General, and choose the file you upload for the WebUI Management server certificate.
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: