ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

How do charge for guest access?

Can someone explain how I can charge guest internet access usage when using the captive portal?

I have set-up a Captive Portal and currently use the internal database to create the user accounts for authentication, so I can manually set the expiry date/time of the account and could manually charge on a day / week basis, however this is prone to errors and is manually intensive.
It would make more sense to have a captive portal that allows guests themselves sign-up to and pay for the duration of internet access whether that be by hour/day with no manual intervention. I assume that I would need one or more applications that the captive portal forwards traffic to, could someone explain what would be required to set this up?

Thanks.
Guru Elite

Re: How do charge for guest access?

You can use Amigopod www.amigopod.com or a 3rd-party solution to charge for access.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: