ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

How to change the captive portal redirect message

Does anybody knows a way to change the captive portal redirect message (after sucessful authentication)?

I am talking about this message:

"User Authenticated
In 5 seconds you will be automatically redirected to
https://www.theoriginalyrequestedsite.com/

Click here to go there directly.

Click here to bookmark this page."

For non-english speaking users it would be better to be able to, at least, translate it.
Guru Elite

Re: How to change the captive portal redirect message

You can change the "Welcome Page" parameter to a website that you want users to be redirected to instead of "/auth/welcome.html". Change this in the Captive portal authentication profile. Go to configuration> Advanced> All profiles. Expand Wireless Lan and go to Captive Portal Authentication Profiles. Edit your profile and put the page you want users redirected to (http://www.yourcompany.com) in the Welcome page parameter.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, it will make it for the customer.
Now, as a matter of curiosity, is it possible to edit the controller /auth/welcome.html page? I don't see it as a "must have feature", of course, as there is other options as you explained, but I can make it simpler.
Guru Elite

There is no way to edit that file specifically, but you can upload a HTML file to the controller and point to that, instead of the /auth/welcome.html page or just put a different URL, like the URL of the company in the Welcome page parameter.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Interesting this information. One of the nice things about the Aruba default Welcome page is that it redirects the user to the original webpage. If a new HTML file is uploaded to the controller, is there any way (like a wildcard or special tag) that can be used in the uploaded HTML file that can be used in the HTML code for that redirection?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: