ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

How to setup guest WLAN ?

Hi everyone,

we have Aruba-MC200 controller and an AP on trial. Got WLAN setup for internal users using one of KB articles on ARUBA website, but the one for Guest access appears to be for some earlier firmware version and so it doesn't match to what I have on this box.

Can anyone suggest (it could be a simply a piece of CLI config code - I don't mind) how to setup simple WLAN for guests with Capturing Portal and internal users DB ?

Thanks,
Alex
Guru Elite

Re: How to setup guest WLAN ?

If you are using ArubaOS 5.x and above, go to Configuration> LAN/WLAN Wizard and take it from there. It is very straightforward.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

that seems to have worked

Can you suggest how newly connecting guest can find out what securelogin.arubanetworks.com is ? I understand that its supposed to point to the default gateway (controller) ? Any ideas here ?

Thanks,
Alex
Guru Elite

Re: How to setup guest WLAN ?

The guest does not need to know that. The controller will display whatever domain is on the built-in captive portal certificate (securelogin.arubanetworks.com is the default) or if you have imported a custom certificate, it will display that. Once the controller sees a device requesting to hit that URL, it will intercept it and redirect the client to the correct ip address.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: