ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

I've lost the WPA2 key for our guest SSID

Hi

We have a 2400 controller with two SSIDs. One SSID is authenticating through our RADIUS server and the other SSID is setup for WPA2 for guest access.

Problem is - I have lost the WPA2 passphrase for the guest access SSID. I've looked in the config and the passphrase is encrypted.

I have inherited this poorly documented system and dont know where to find the WPA2 key. Our Aruba 2400 has web management enabled and telnet access disabled. I've looked everywhere in the web config for the WPA2 key settings but cant find it.

Please help.......
Aruba Employee

Re: I've lost the WPA2 key for our guest SSID

Log into the CLI and do the command "encrypt disable". Then, do a "show run" and look for the SSID profile for the SSID in question. You should see the pass-phrase in that section unencrypted (with "s around it, so leave them off when you put the key into a workstation).
Aruba Employee

Just noticed you said telnet was disabled (read too quickly trying to beat cjoseph to the answer... :)).

By default, the controllers will not allow telnet. Use SSH instead. You will need the login (same as the GUI) and the enable password. Once you log into the CLI, you will be at the non-enabled prompt. Type "enable", then enter the enable password. From there, you can do the steps in my previous post to see the pass-phrase. If you don't know the enable password, search this forum for enable password recovery. It takes a bit of down time, but if you don't know the enable password, its your only option.
MVP

Yeah do the above and to quickly get to the section where your Guest SSID PSK, after you've done 'show run' do '/essid ""' and it'll go straight to your guest SSID profile like below.. (obviously don't include the <> in the above command)

wlan ssid-profile "guest-ssid_prof"
essid "Guest"
opmode wpa2-psk-aes
hide-ssid
wpa-passphrase thisisthePSK
ht-ssid-profile "guest-htssid_prof"
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
New Contributor

Thanks very much for the help guys, I really do appreciate it.

We've lost the enable password unfortunately. I've emailed the reseller to see if they documented it on the install. If not I'll initiate the password recovery procedure.

I'll let you know how it goes....
New Contributor

We found the enable password :)

I decrypted, did a show run and got the guest WPA2 password :D

Thanks very much for you help - you guys rock!
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: