ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

IBSS violations?

I have started seeing IBSS Violations coming from around 1/3 of my APs in the past few days. I've never seen these errors before. Does anyone know why I would get the policy violation on these APs? All APs are running the same code/SSIDs.
Guru Elite

IBSS Violations

Would it be possible to post the exact error message?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: IBSS violations?

Actually not getting anything on the log side, just on the GUI in the Policy Violation reports it gives the AP causing the violation and the time. The time also doesn't correspond to any logs.
New Contributor

IBSS Violation

The error message would definately help. IBSS stands for Independent Basic Service Set, and is more commonly referred to as an Ad-Hoc network. My inclination is that someone has an Ad-Hoc network set up and your APs are seeing it (quick guess).

I figured it had something to do with ad-hocs, but I have around 20 ad-hoc networks broadcasting right now on all my controllers and only 2 controllers out of 10 have these policy violations. I'll try to figure out a pattern. Thanks for the help!

Well I disabled "Protect from Adhoc networks" under IDS and rebooted all APs. The errors stopped on the GUI side. I'm still puzzled as to why I wasn't getting any security/wireless logs from it though.
MVP

Logging Level?

Perhaps your logging level was not verbose enough?
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: