ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

IPv6 Supported Network Configuration

Hello,

We are trying to play around with the IPv6 stuff, and we saw this on the UG:

"Supported Network Configuration
Clients can be wired or wireless and use IPv4 and/or IPv6 addressing. This release of ArubaOS requires that the default gateway for the IPv6 clients be an external router that supports IPv6. The Aruba controller itself has an IPv4 address, and cannot route packets with IPv6 addresses. You can use the WebUI or CLI to display IPv6 client information.
IPv6 clients must be mapped to a VLAN that is bridged to an external router which provides IPv6 services to the clients. On the controller, you can configure IPv4 and IPv6 clients on the same VLAN."

It says "you can configure IPv4 and IPv6 clients on the same VLAN". However, my question is... can I bridge IPv6 packets to a different VLAN than IPv4 from the same user?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Eva
Guru Elite

Bridging

Hello,

We are trying to play around with the IPv6 stuff, and we saw this on the UG:

"Supported Network Configuration
Clients can be wired or wireless and use IPv4 and/or IPv6 addressing. This release of ArubaOS requires that the default gateway for the IPv6 clients be an external router that supports IPv6. The Aruba controller itself has an IPv4 address, and cannot route packets with IPv6 addresses. You can use the WebUI or CLI to display IPv6 client information.
IPv6 clients must be mapped to a VLAN that is bridged to an external router which provides IPv6 services to the clients. On the controller, you can configure IPv4 and IPv6 clients on the same VLAN."

It says "you can configure IPv4 and IPv6 clients on the same VLAN". However, my question is... can I bridge IPv6 packets to a different VLAN than IPv4 from the same user?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Eva

Meesick,

We only offer Bridging support for now, so we cannot place a user's IPV6 and IPV4 traffic in different broadcast domains at this time.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Occasional Contributor II

Re: IPv6 Supported Network Configuration

Thanks, cjoseph. :o
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: