ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Importing MAC addresses to controller

Hello Airheads,
This is my first time posting in the forum, please excuse me if this topic has already been covered.I have a 3600 controller. We are using WPA2 with a shared key and MAC address filtering. Normally when I need to add a single client, I go to the internalDB and add a user with the MAC address as the username and password. I need to add about 300 new entries and the idea of doing this one by one makes me cringe.

Is there a way to to do this en mass?

Best,
JW
Guru Elite

Re: Importing MAC addresses to controller

[ Edited ]

Oldie, but a goodie...

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/importing-CSV-file-to-internal-DB/m-p/78152/highlight/true#M2488

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks for the reply Collin. I hope Texas is treating you well. :D

Importing MAC addresses to controller

Hi All,

This is my first port and please I am also in the same situation where Jay has. We need to import around 1600 users to the Aruba 6000 controller. Please help me how to do this with the help of some commands or some scripts. Its really painful to add this one by one.

Regards.

Paul Mathew :confused:
Guru Elite

First things first, when you say "users" what do you mean, usernames and and passwords, OR, mac addresses for mac authentication?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Its mac addresses for mac authentication.
Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

That would be the link here: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/importing-CSV-file-to-internal-DB/m-p/78152/highlight/true#M2488

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: