ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor I

Iphone 3.0 Pop up for wifi captive portals

Apparently iphone 3.0 has a feature that instead of having to open up a browser to agree to the terms and conditions of the captive portal web page, it will pop up a message and let you agree to the terms and connect without opening up a browser.

Has anyone heard of this and gotten it to work with their aruba equipment? We would like this to work on our captive portal.

Some pages I have seen that discuss this online are:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3615147/how-to-create-wifi-popup-login-page

http://www.mactalk.com.au/31/66812-iphone-3-0-wireless-captive-portal-support.html

Any insight would be very appreciated!!!
Aruba Employee

Re: Iphone 3.0 Pop up for wifi captive portals

Are you saying that iPhone/iPad/iOS users connecting to your open captive portal SSID aren't getting prompted to auto-accept? What is your open SSID?

I've seen iOS devices not like SSIDs with special characters or spaces in the name.
Frequent Contributor I

Yes, they aren't getting the auto-accept pop up. Our SSID is open and it has 4 words with spaces.
Aruba Employee

What I have noticed is that when an iOS device sees an SSID with spaces or other special characters in it, it does not provide the option to auto-join/auto-accept that network.

If you tried testing an iOS device against another open SSID on the same wireless gear, without spaces in the SSID name, you should see the iOS device provide those configuration options (which also default to ON) to you.

Frequent Contributor I

cclemmer you are the best! That was the problem, I removed the spaces and now I am seeing the auto-accept / auto-login screen pop up. Thank you!
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: