ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Is there a Captive Portal Setup Guide

I have tried my darndest to set this thing up to no avail - I cant seem to get the splash screen to load. I am trying to setup a guest only network that would prompt users to put in a username/password that we supply.

Any help appreciated.
Aruba Employee

Re: Is there a Captive Portal Setup Guide

First off, DNS MUST work for the Captive Portal to redirect. You can test directly by typing an IP address in the address bar of the browser.

Can you confirm DNS is able to resolve (the reason this is required is because the browser doesn't send a port 80 http call until DNS is resolved).
New Contributor

That is my problem - there is no DNS access from my current setup.

Thanks for the help!

Also - if anyone has a link to a setup guide for Captive Portal - I would REALLY appreciate it!!

Thanks
Aruba Employee

The documentation has a pretty good section on doing the captive portal stuff. You have that right?
New Contributor

Actually I do not have the documentation no.
Aruba Employee

It's available from the support site. I would download it, it's got a decent little section on guest networking and captive portal.
New Contributor

Would you be able to provide a link - not sure where I should be looking.

Much appreciated!
Aruba Employee

Aruba Employee

You can download the guide from https://support.arubanetworks.com/, you will need to create an account. Click on documentation and the version of ArubaOS you are using, that will take you to the user guides.

I would also recommend trying out the reusable wizard in the WebUI. It will setup the profiles for you. It also has a handy feature in that whatever SSID you specify for the guest network, all related profiles will have the SSID included in the profile name. This will help you learn what's required to operate the CP if you still want to do it manually.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Contributor II

DNS problem with the CP redirect

I'm not getting redirected to the captive portal, but it might be related to DNS since I cannot resolve any host names with nslookup. Using a sniffer on the router where the wireless controller connects to, I can capture the DNS packets exiting the controller and also capture the return packets from our DNS servers to my wireless host. However, I'm not sure why the controller is not allowing the DNS packets back to my wireless host.

Are there are any policies that I need to create to allow the DNS replies back to my wireless host?

Bob
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: