ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Is there a FAQ on how to mark Active Interfering APs/Clients?

I just had a spiffy new Aruba wireless setup with a 650 controller and AP-105 N access points installed at the facility here and the only thing not covered in the manual is how to mark AP/Client status using the Active Interfering APs/Clients screen.

We have two other wireless networks in the building that are owned by other companies that I need to work around, so I need to be sure of what each one of the buttons does.

Is there any sort of FAQ? Aruba sends me here to the forums but my searches haven't found what I'm looking for.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Sean
New Contributor

Re: Is there a FAQ on how to mark Active Interfering APs/Clients?

Anyone? Aruba isn't being very helpful and I really need to know how to do this properly.
Aruba Employee

Re: Is there a FAQ on how to mark Active Interfering APs/Clients?

Hi Sean,

Not sure what code you are running, for 5.0 classifying APs is found on page 505 of the user guide, along with descriptions of what the classifications mean.

In general, any AP that is not part of the system is interfering unless we can actively mark it as a rogue, or you go in and mark it as authorized, neighbor, or rogue.

Clients are much the same way, any client authenticated and using strong encryption is authenticated, anyone on an open or WEP network is interfering, as we can never be sure it actually is that user due to the ease in which those network connections can be spoofed simply by changing a MAC address on the station.

Hope that helps,
-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: