ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

L2 bridging from ENET1 on RAP to ethernet port on master controller

I would like to give to a wired client connected on the ENET1 port of a RemoteAP (which terminates on the local switch) L2 access to the same vlan which is also configured on an Ethernet port on the master controller. So I would like to make a bridging from the ENET1 of the RAP through the local controller to the Ethernet port on the master controller. Is that even possible? And if yes, how?

Thank you in advance,

Stefan
Guru Elite

Wired ap profile

I would like to give to a wired client connected on the ENET1 port of a RemoteAP (which terminates on the local switch) L2 access to the same vlan which is also configured on an Ethernet port on the master controller. So I would like to make a bridging from the ENET1 of the RAP through the local controller to the Ethernet port on the master controller. Is that even possible? And if yes, how?

Thank you in advance,

Stefan

That is exactly what the wired ap profile in the ap group is for. Make that wired ap profile trusted and assign the van to the same vlan that you want the traffic tunneled to.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: L2 bridging from ENET1 on RAP to ethernet port on master controller

Thank you Colin for your answer.

I'm using already the wired ap profile and also the port on the RAP is trusted. This way I'm able to bring the user traffic from the RAP to the local controller and out on a Ethernet port on this local controller. However, I would like to bring this traffic further to the master controller. Is this possible too? If yes, is that encapsulated in a gre tunnel or how is the user traffic transported from the local to the master controller?

The setting looks like that:

user client --- RAP --- local controller --- master controller --- Ethernet port on the master controller

I would like to bring the user traffic L2 all the way to the Ethernet port on the master controller.

Thanks,

Stefan
Guru Elite

There is an post here http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=1485 that describes how you would do this

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thank you Colin for this tip! It solved my problem.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: