ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

LDAP server losing connection

We have a strange problem that I hope someone has seen before. We have called support several times and now have a workaround (we hope). In the morning, but not every morning, before everyone comes in our controller decides to stop communicating with our LDAP server. The captive portal is working just fine and then no one can authenticate. The controller can't ping the server. "Show aaa authentication-server ldap server1 status" returns "server down yes". Has anyone heard of this? thanks
Guru Elite

Re: LDAP server losing connection

What version of code is this and how many servers do you have the server group that authenticate captive portal users? In addition, what is the operating system of the LDAP server?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Aruba OS and LDAP servers

Interesting that you should say that. The workaround was to add more LDAP servers to the list on the controller. We have ArubaOS 5.0.3.3. We have 3 AD servers running Windows 2008. The link to the main server is still broken but the two backup servers are doing fine. There must be a way to reset connection to the main LDAP server without rebooting the controller.

thanks
Guru Elite

Sometimes a server is overburdened, and will not answer and it will be taken out of service as a result. If you do:

config t
aaa authentication-server ldap
no enable
enable

Try that to bring it back into service

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Ah ha. I knew it was the server! Wait till I get ahold of that admin.

Thank you.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: