ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Laptops unable to Authenticate after a period of time

Question:

Our wireless has been operating great for about a month and a half then all of a sudden they started to not want to authenticate. If we take them off the network and re-add them tot he domain they work again. Has anyone come across this? We are using the 3600 Controller and AP-65 with Windows XP and Windows 2003 domain.

I believe the issue is with the way the laptops were added to the domain by using change computername instead of using the Network Identification wizard. Can anyone confirm or deny this issue?

Thanks
Ed
Guru Elite

Laptops Unable to Authenticate

Question:

Our wireless has been operating great for about a month and a half then all of a sudden they started to not want to authenticate. If we take them off the network and re-add them tot he domain they work again. Has anyone come across this? We are using the 3600 Controller and AP-65 with Windows XP and Windows 2003 domain.

I believe the issue is with the way the laptops were added to the domain by using change computername instead of using the Network Identification wizard. Can anyone confirm or deny this issue?

Thanks
Ed

Ed,

What does the eventviewer on the Windows IAS server say in "System" with regards to authentication attempts?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Event Info

Colin

It never actually logs an event when it boots. If I log in locally to the system it then does log events that say "There is no domain controller available for domain computername." Then a bunch for the local user that say "The user account domain cannot be accessed. "

I believe this has to do with system not being added to the domain properly but just want to double with others to see if they have had the issue.

Ed
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: