ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Layer 2 connectivety

Dear all,
I have 3200 controller & 2 Ap 105,customer want to connect this device in the differant vlan like(mang vlan 10,vlan 70,vlan 50 ) customer using sonicwall for
internet ocnnectivity then two L3 swithc (Juniper & Cisco) under that they use HP
switch for Access layer, Now the IT guy provied me uplink from HP switch (That port wrok as trunk for Carry vlan traffic. Access point connected at Vlan 70 & vlan 10 they are able to get IP from exiting DHCP server BUT not able to cummunicat with the Controller so please help me out how to do this configuratiuon so client get Ip from particuler vlan as ap conected.
Thanks
Aruba Employee

Re: Layer 2 connectivety

Dear all,
I have 3200 controller & 2 Ap 105,customer want to connect this device in the differant vlan like(mang vlan 10,vlan 70,vlan 50 ) customer using sonicwall for
internet ocnnectivity then two L3 swithc (Juniper & Cisco) under that they use HP
switch for Access layer, Now the IT guy provied me uplink from HP switch (That port wrok as trunk for Carry vlan traffic. Access point connected at Vlan 70 & vlan 10 they are able to get IP from exiting DHCP server BUT not able to cummunicat with the Controller so please help me out how to do this configuratiuon so client get Ip from particuler vlan as ap conected.
Thanks

Are you wanting to connect the controller and/or APs to a different vlan, or just the wireless users?

The 3200 controller is capable of connecting to a dot1q Ethernet trunk, and so we could configure that between the controller and the Ethernet switch that it connects to. With multiple vlans configured on the 3200, we can edit the Virtual AP configuration to place wireless users into the correct vlan.
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Layer 2 connectivety

Are you wanting to connect the controller and/or APs to a different vlan, or just the wireless users?

The 3200 controller is capable of connecting to a dot1q Ethernet trunk, and so we could configure that between the controller and the Ethernet switch that it connects to. With multiple vlans configured on the 3200, we can edit the Virtual AP configuration to place wireless users into the correct vlan.

I think 'Shrikant' wants one AP in VLAN10 and one AP in VLAN70, with clients connecting either one and then obtaining an IP from that specific VLAN.
The AP's won't connect to the controller unless they are on the same subnet, DNS has an entry for 'Aruba-master' or option 43 is set in DHCP.
If I am right about how 'Shrikant' wants this set-up then he really should re-think the whole design. What he should have is the AP's in an AP mgmt VLAN and 2 SSID's (one for VLAN10 and one for VLAN70), he can then configure AP groups so that he can either have an one of the SSID's or both SSID's on any AP, this way it is easy to modify SSID's/VLAN's/security without physically changing the AP connectivity.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: