ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Legacy user db issue

i have just upgrade my controller from 3.3.2.10 to 3.4.2.1. Everything went fine and smooth, but guest administrator can't see any users on the guest provisioning page. While regular admin can see internal DB. It seems like a format issue. Anyone experience this? How do you fix it?

I know I can recreate each user login, but with over hundreds of users its' chaos.
Guru Elite

Guest Users

Skywalker,

Starting from ArubaOS 3.4 guest administrators can only see the users that they create.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Strange

Agree but whatever they create before, they can't see it. Is there anyway we can let all of them see it?
Guru Elite

Guest Admin User

They cannot see anything that they did not create, period.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

More than 10 guest provisioner?

Again i have to agree. But in our enviropment we have more than 10 guest provisioners. This will create a big headace. For example, guest1 create by adminA. Guest1 need to reset, change password, extend time.... admin1 is on vacation. They need this change right away and the last person to contact will be administrator to change it or create different user id for this guest. Colin, you see what i mean here. In an eviropment that's 24/7 and multiple locations, this is not practical.
Aruba Employee

Re: Legacy user db issue

Folks,

I understand that the 3.4 enhancement may impact situations that had multiple guest provisioners/owners of guest user database. We are looking at providing an option to make the entire guest user list visible to all guest provisioners with an optional admin knob.

This is being planned for an upcoming Aruba OS release. I request that further discussion on this topic be taken up privately with your Aruba SE and PLM team offline.

Ash
(For Aruba PLM)
Aruba Product Management
Aruba Employee

Re: Legacy user db issue

If you are using AirWave you might also want to look into the guest provisioning features it includes, which may do give you a more comprehensive guest access solution than the controller can provide.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: