ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Licensing Benefits?!?

Does anyone have a definitive list of what you get/don't get based on licenses?

Like without PEF - from what I've seen:
1. you can only use a single VLAN for mapping SSIDs
2. you can't do NAT'ing
3. you only have the default "guest" and "allowall" policies - and you can't change any rules
4. ???

without WIPS:
1. you can't have dedicated air monitors
2. ???

I'd just like to have an actual list of items; so when a customer says they didn't get license x for whatever reasons, I can give them a more realistic expectation of what their network will be able to do.

-k
Aruba Employee

Re: Licensing Benefits?!?

I'm pretty sure without WIPS you cannot:

- Blacklist clients
- Detect Ad-Hoc networks
Guru Elite

What features are, and Are NOT licensed

Does anyone have a definitive list of what you get/don't get based on licenses?

Like without PEF - from what I've seen:
1. you can only use a single VLAN for mapping SSIDs
2. you can't do NAT'ing
3. you only have the default "guest" and "allowall" policies - and you can't change any rules
4. ???

without WIPS:
1. you can't have dedicated air monitors
2. ???

I'd just like to have an actual list of items; so when a customer says they didn't get license x for whatever reasons, I can give them a more realistic expectation of what their network will be able to do.

-k

Kenmhall,

Attached is a spreadsheet that attempts to summarize just that. It does not have ArubaOS 3.3.3, 3.4.1 OR the AP105 on there, however. It needs to be updated. change the .txt to .xls

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

thanks guys...cjoseph, that helps quite a bit...still a little curious about the VLAN to SSID mappings...without the PEF, I've never been able to get it to drop different SSIDs onto different VLANs - they all had to be placed onto a single VLAN...
Guru Elite

Vitual AP

The VLANs that a user ends up on is initially determined at the Virtual-AP level. That does not require the PEF license.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

just keep in mind, a controller without a PEF license is just like driving a mercedes-benz with 20mph ;) i tried once to see whats able and it's quite boring if you try to set something and its not taken by the controller so your customers would be a little confused and smash the controller soon against some wall ;)

i think PEF should always be added if you sell it , all the other stuff is just optional. besides beginning from 3.4.x Code Version MESH is now included and after talking to the aruba engineers also the VOICE License is also be added to the PEF in future (or already) i think it was mentioned in the 3.4.1.x releasenotes.

in my opinion all LICS should be default added to the controller, but it's only my opinion. :rolleyes:
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: