ArubaOS and Controllers

Frequent Contributor II

Local Events Log not updating in Web UI

I am having a problem with my controllers where the local events page in the web UI is not displaying or scrolling messages. The counter that indicates when the log was last refreshed seems to be working as expected but the event log is not displaying new entries.

Any Suggestions? :confused:
Aruba Employee

Re: Local Events Log not updating in Web UI

What code version are you running on your controller(s)? Also, what browser are you running this under?
Frequent Contributor II

M3 Controllers Running 3.4.1.0

I am running two M3 Controllers. Each Running OS 3.4.1.0.
I have the same result with both Firefox V3.6.3
and IE 8.

Thanks

Aruba Employee

Re: Local Events Log not updating in Web UI

I just tried this on my controller and saw the same issue (IE8, controler OS 5.0). The issue is that the browser only gets the first ~200 events from the controller and leave the last ~50. You should open a TAC case on this and get them to file a bug. If you want to see the entire event log, log into the CLI of your controllers and do "show snmp trap-queue". You will see the most recent 250 events. When there are new events, your browser should push out the top events, but you will still not see the ~50 most recent entries in the table.
Frequent Contributor II

It helps when SNMP Trap Generation is enabled

Thanks Olin,

Your previous post led me to look at my SNMP configuration. I turns out that somewhere along the way enabling trap generation got turned off. Turning trap generation back on "Duh!" solved the problem.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: