ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Local controll won't update with rebooting master

I am having a problem getting my local Aruba 200 ( to synchronize updates with the master Aruba 200. Both are on version 5.0.4.0. The only way it will update is if I reboot it and the master. The heartbeat time is set to 10, and the maximum updates is set to 3. This is the only local controller associated with the master. The IPsec keys for master to local and for 0.0.0.0 on master are all set the same. Does anyone know what could be preventing the synchronization, or could you point me in the direction of a KB article?

Thanks.
Guru Elite

Re: Local controll won't update with rebooting master

The question, is what does it NOT synchronize?

The synchronization of the config file happens every time you type "write mem" or save configuration on the master.

The synchronization of the local user database, the RAP whitelist and the RFplan do not occur by default and you either have to type "database synchronize" and "show database synchronize" on the master to happen or configure it in the master like this, to synchronize every 30 minutes:

config t
database synchronize period 30
database synchornize rf-plan
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
New Contributor

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar issue when attempting to perform a database sync from my master to local controller.

We have two 3000 series (3400's) running version 6.1.1.0.

The error I receive is as follows:
(Aruba3400-1) #database synchronize
Cannot start database synchronization: peer is not configured.

However, when I run the command "show switches"

(Aruba3400-1) #show switches, I see both controllers and I also see the configuration has been successfully sync.

All Switches
------------
IP Address Name Location Type Version Status Configuration State Config Sync Time (sec) Config ID
---------- ---- -------- ---- ------- ------ ------------------- ---------------------- ---------
10.1.1.91 Aruba3400-1 Building1.floor0 master 6.1.1.0_28288 up UPDATE SUCCESSFUL 0 84
10.1.1.92 Aruba3400-2 Building1.floor1 local 6.1.1.0_28288 up UPDATE SUCCESSFUL 10 84

I'm not exactly sure where to go from here but, any pointers or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Bryce
Aruba Employee

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar issue when attempting to perform a database sync from my master to local controller.

We have two 3000 series (3400's) running version 6.1.1.0.

The error I receive is as follows:
(Aruba3400-1) #database synchronize
Cannot start database synchronization: peer is not configured.

However, when I run the command "show switches"

(Aruba3400-1) #show switches, I see both controllers and I also see the configuration has been successfully sync.

All Switches
------------
IP Address Name Location Type Version Status Configuration State Config Sync Time (sec) Config ID
---------- ---- -------- ---- ------- ------ ------------------- ---------------------- ---------
10.1.1.91 Aruba3400-1 Building1.floor0 master 6.1.1.0_28288 up UPDATE SUCCESSFUL 0 84
10.1.1.92 Aruba3400-2 Building1.floor1 local 6.1.1.0_28288 up UPDATE SUCCESSFUL 10 84

I'm not exactly sure where to go from here but, any pointers or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Bryce

Database Synchronize is for Master-BackupMaster Synchronization of DB.
AFAIK, the Databases are not synchronized to locals;
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: