Highlighted
New Contributor

Location Services

Hi,
I'm wondering about Aruba Location system. I'm not been able to find much more information about this feature, and I think most of us could be very interested about. So I've some questions:
Firstly: Are there external (from Aruba or third party) standalone applications to get and manage location information, apart from the ArubaOS controller?
Second: Are there any API documentation, or even an API, to implement services using the location information from ArubaOS controllers?
Third: Are there more whitepapers/solution sheets over this feature apart from the one in Extranet called Location & Tracking on the Mobile Edge?
Thanks a lot for your help

Re: Location Services

Hi, I´m wondering the same.
My customer wants to evaluate different alternatives for tracking users all around some buildings, and I need to understand if it´s enough with AP´s and controllers, or I have to add additional components...

BR, looking forward to your help..
gabriel.-
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Location Services

Well, you could do it with Airwave - or like us just use a syslog server like Splunk to keep track of the "user" logs. This will show you the users mac address, which AP they are roaming on, which AP they are authenticating on, when they disconnected,etc.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: