ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor I

Loopback address in OSPF

I can't seem to redistribute my loopback address via OSPF. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have full adjacency with my router and get routes from it, but it doesn't appear I'm sending my loopback address to the router.
Aruba Employee

Re: Loopback address in OSPF

Matt - the Aruba loopback interface is not like a Cisco loopback. The Aruba implementation takes an IP address from an existing subnet on the controller. As long as that subnet is distributed via OSPF, the loopback will be reachable.
Aruba Employee

It's a limitation of Aruba, can't be done directly. However, what you can do is create a vlan on your controller, assign a /30 subnet to it, give one IP address to the vlan and the other to your loopback. Then redistribute your vlan via ospf. It's a hack, but it will work.

vlan 900

int vlan 900
ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.252

int loopback
ip address 1.1.1.2
Regular Contributor I

Won't I need a port in that VLAN for it to get distributed? The VLAN was show down otherwise.
Aruba Employee

If the VLAN is trunked to another switch or if there is a port in the VLAN that is up/up, the VLAN should be up as well. If no, you can do a "operstate up" in the CLI (under "interface VLAN x") and the VLAN will stay up.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: