New Contributor

MAC authentication

ArubaOS 3.4.2.0
Aruba200

I am trying to enable mac address authentication but am unable to set the mac authentication default role. I have been unable to find this option in the GUI and the CLI does not have the the command aaa profile to set this.

Has there been a change in the way this is applied from the earlier arubaos versions or possibly a licensing issue as we only have the base licenses installed?

Thanks

Mark
Guru Elite

Re: MAC authentication

If you only have the base license, you cannot set roles. You can only enable authentication, or not.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
New Contributor

Hi Colin

Thanks for the reply, I have actived a temp license for Policy Enforcement Firewall, but still seem to be having the same issue. Is this the correct license for what we want?

License Table
-------------
Key Installed Expires Flags Service Type
--- --------- ------- ----- ------------
XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXX--1L4 2011-10-12 2011-11-11 E Policy Enforcement Firewall
16:05:07 16:05:07

From my reading we should be able to run

aaa profile
mac-default-role

But this is not an option for us as per below.

(Aruba200) #aaa ?
authentication Authentication
inservice Bring authentication server into service
ipv6 Internet Protocol Version 6
query-user Query User
test-server Test authentication server
user User commands

Thanks

Mark
Guru Elite

you need to type "config t" before running that command.

What version of code is this? Please type "show keys", as well.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
New Contributor

We are running ArubaOS 3.4.2.0, but it looks like our temp key did not work as it is showing Policy Enforcement Firewall as disabled. I will order this license and we should be good to go.

Thanks for your help.
Guru Elite

If you have a login to the Aruba networks licensing site, you generate a temporary license. Applying the PEF license will require a reboot, however.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: