ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor II

Mac 10.7.2 Update = No Connectivity

Fellow Airheads,

Anyone noticed clients unable to connect to your Aruba wireless networks once they install the Lion 10.7.2 update?

Can't pull up the Captive Portal page. 802.1x authentication isn't working as well.

Just hoping one of you has seen this also, hoping it is not something on our end.
Aruba Employee

Re: Mac 10.7.2 Update = No Connectivity

I personally haven't had any issues after the upgrade with 802.1X networks (6.1) or PSK networks (5.0). I had some issues after I'd upgraded to 10.7 initially, but I just deleted and readded the network and that seems to have cleared it up.

Is it all your Macs, or just some of them? Are they in the right role on the system?

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
New Contributor

Check for OCSP in this forum. Quick workaround, In OS X go to keychain Acess, preferences certificates pane and and turn OFF the first two entries (ocsp related). Lion's patch changed the behavior to "best attempt", i.e. Snow Leopard is off.
Aruba Employee

Bernardo,

Did you see these turn on after the patch was installed? I'm looking at that keychain preference and both are set to off on mine even after the upgrade. It could be that I started in Snow Leopard and this only affects native Lion devices.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Aruba Networks
New Contributor

I personally can't tell, yesterday we received several complaints from students with new Macs, all of them were using Lion and had just updated the OS. Those machines had been working prior to the patches. I'll ask around.
New Contributor

I'm getting word of this as well. Running 6.1.2.3, all macs worked fine yesterday, service desk has gotten 3 users that can't connect, all of them failed to connect to our Open or WPA2 after upgrading to 10.7.2. Working on getting details from the service desk.
- Carl Oakes
Aruba Employee

It would be good to get more details on the clients, model, etc. I'm running 10.7.2 on a 4 year old and two year old MBP and haven't seen that issue. It would also be good to know if deleting and re-adding the network fixes the issue. I know I had to do that when I went from Snow Leopard to Lion, not sure why, but that fixed whatever had gotten trashed by the upgrade.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Aruba Networks
Contributor II

It is the built in securelogin.arubanetworks.com certificate.

Does not work with the new version of Firefox, which is part of the new Mac 10.7.2 update.

Exporting the certificate from Chrome, then importing into Firefox/Safari resolves the issue. Still need to figure out a client-side resolution to the 802.1X on Mac since you can't turn off certificate validation unless you do it in a OSX Server profile, then export it.
Aruba Employee

There is a FF OSCP thread here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=3468

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Aruba Networks
Contributor II

-awl

Thanks for that, it got me on the right path.

Problem being, we are using Thawte SSL certificates and I am having a hard time finding a list of all their/Verisign servers. I've been entering them one by one after doing a "show datapath session table " each time. It has been working, but I was hoping there was a way to know all the servers.

All of the servers I've found have been in the 199.7.x.x range.

Also, I can't seem to add a range of IP's through the GUI. Also can't delete destinations through the GUI, had to do it manually in the console. Not sure if this is a bug or not....

Finally, even though Firefox is now working when I put in the authentication server, Safari still doesn't work. No data is being passed at all when I check the datapath. Any hints there?
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: