ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Master/Local connection issue

I am working on setting up a master/local setup for our RAP deployment. After getting the controllers stood up I do not see the RAP white list in the master controller, but it is in the locals.

I added the RAP to the white list on the local but when I try and connect I get a connection error on the RAP. When I try and connect directly to the local I get the same connection error. When I change the local to a master and try and connect the RAP.....it connects and works....

any thoughts?
Guru Elite

Whitelist

The RAP whitelist is just a table in the local user database. By default, local controllers will authenticate local users as well as RAP whitelist APs to the master directly, and ignore whatever is in the local controller. So, RAPs that terminate on the master and the local BOTH authenticate using the database on the master controller.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: