ArubaOS and Controllers

Contributor I

Master and Local communication problem... I think

Hey all,

I have a master and local setup in my lab here on the same subnet and I think I am having some issues that I am hoping you could help me out. I say think 'cause I have to admit I'm not definitive on how exactly it SHOULD be working.

I have the IPSEC tunnel up and running between to the two devices, which I have confirmed by show crypto sa peers.
On the local I have the "Master" tab at the top and when I click it.. BAM! right to the Master. So I know at least they're talking.

Now, when I am on the Master I only see 1 controller under "All WLAN Controllers". In CLI show master-local stats, shows nothing. None of the profiles seems to have made it over to the Local.

I was wondering if anyone could maybe shed some light on some troubleshooting tips that I could run through. Something very important yet small seems to be missing. Heck, who knows, maybe it's something catastrophic!

Anyway, thanks in advance!
Guru Elite

Re: Master and Local communication problem... I think

"show crypto ipsec sa" will tell you if the tunnel is up and running. The local redirects you to the master from an ip perspective, but it does not tell you if they have a relationship. The command above does.

You need to check to make sure the preshared key between the master and the local are correct.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Thanks for the quick reply.

They certainly are chattin'

IPSEC SA Active Session Information
-----------------------------------
Initiator IP Responder IP InitiatorID ResponderID Flags Start Time Inner IP
------------ ------------ ----------- ----------- ---------- ---------- --------
10.145.56.11 10.145.56.10 10.145.56.11/32 10.145.56.10/32 T Jun 24 16:20:36 -
Guru Elite

reboot the local controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: