ArubaOS and Controllers

MVP

Master redundancy / VRRP upgrade question

All,

Quick question: which controller should I upgrade first, the master or the standby, when upgrading a pair of controllers in a master redundancy / VRRP configuration?

My initial instinct is to upgrade the standby and then do the master. Any comments would be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Mike
Guru Elite

Re: Master redundancy / VRRP upgrade question

All,

Quick question: which controller should I upgrade first, the master or the standby, when upgrading a pair of controllers in a master redundancy / VRRP configuration?

My initial instinct is to upgrade the standby and then do the master. Any comments would be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Mike

Make sure you do a "database synchronize" before you upgrade, if you do not have it configured automatically. Then do a "show database synchronize" to make sure it was successful. That will replicate the local-userdatabase, RAP whitelist, RF plan, etc, which is not replicated by default,

You can certainly upgrade both at the same time and reboot at the same time, if you do not care which one becomes master. If you do care, make sure the VRRP instance on that controller has preemption enabled, and you can once again, upgrade both at the same time.
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
MVP

Re: Master redundancy / VRRP upgrade question

Colin,

Thanks for the reply - that makes a lot of sense!

-Mike
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: