ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Mixing old and new controllers as master/local and master/master

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to mix and match old and new controllers in a master/master and master/local setup. I'm asking that because the licencing for the older controllers is "number of APs"-based and the new and the licencing for the newer ones is at least partly "number of users"-based, eg. PEF, VOC and so on.

Any experience/feedback on this?

Thanks, Stefan
Guru Elite

Licensing

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to mix and match old and new controllers in a master/master and master/local setup. I'm asking that because the licencing for the older controllers is "number of APs"-based and the new and the licencing for the newer ones is at least partly "number of users"-based, eg. PEF, VOC and so on.

Any experience/feedback on this?

Thanks, Stefan

You can mix old and new. The licensing is based on how many APs and users will terminate on that specific controller. "Legacy" controllers have the same licensing; the biggest rule is that the master controller must have licenses to configure any feature that the local controllers will need.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Old and New

We have done this many times last one we did was an Alcatel 4324 as master and two alcatel 4504 as local controllers with absolutely no issues at all
Love this kit apart from RAP!!

Re: Mixing old and new controllers as master/local and master/master

Thank you both for the feedback!
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: