ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Multicast Encryption Mismatch

I have a few clients that continue to experience "Multicast Encryption Mismatch". How do I fix this or can I? Is there a setting I can adjust?

Thanks!
Guru Elite

I have a few clients that continue to experience "Multicast Encryption Mismatch". How do I fix this or can I? Is there a setting I can adjust?

Thanks!

This normally means that you have an SSID configured as WPA-AES, and a device attempts to connect via a Mismatched encryption type, like WPA-TKIP. This could also happen more in an OS like Windows XP that doesn't guess the encryption type very well, unless it is statically configured. In addition, you might want to upgrade the network card driver and/or the XP OS to properly support WPA2 encryption types.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

device

Thanks Colin. I was able to located the devices and they are Lexmark printers that don't support WPA-AES.

Thanks! I finally was able to pin-point the devices in question and they are Lexmark printers. Their wireless adapters don't support WPA-AES.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: