ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Multiple Groups To Access Wireless Network

Hi guys,

I am a new member, I hope I post this in the right section. I have question re using multiple groups to access wireless network.
Here is the story:
I just setup an aruba controller 620 with 3 access points. I only have one VLAN for all 8 ports on the controller. I also only use WPA2-Personal as the encryption, and setup a passphrase for it.
I only have group setup on the controller which is internal staff.
From time to time we have a group called STUDENT come to have training. They will access our wireless network.

Here is the question:
What should I do to have the STUDENT group to be able to access our wireless network with different passphrase that I have setup for INTERNAL STAFF group?
Is it possible to setup 2 password (passphrase) in one controller for 2 different groups to access wireless network?
The reason I'm doing this is we want to be able to reset the wireless password for STUDENT group once they finish their training.

If what I'm thinking above is not possible, could you please let me know how should I setup the wireless network for my situation?

Thanks
Guru Elite

Re: Multiple Groups To Access Wireless Network

You would have to use the WLAN wizard and setup a different wireless network with a different preshared key that puts the students on the same VLAN.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Re: Multiple Groups To Access Wireless Network

Ok cool, I'll try this. Thanks for the input.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: