ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Need to install an AP at a remote office

I would like to install an AP65 at one of our remote offices connected by T1. Can I provision/configure the AP at our home campus and place it out at the remote site? Will this work?
Guru Elite

How are they connected?

Mark,

If that site is connected via private WAN, or site-to-site VPN, those access points will automatically discover the controller if you have the "aruba-master" or DHCP discovery option enabled and will just work. Your primary consideration on that T-1, of course, is how much traffic is staying local to that site, as opposed to how much traffic is going back to your datacenter.

If most of that traffic is staying local, you would want to set that Virtual AP's forwarding mode to bridged, so that user traffic will NOT be tunneled back to the controller but sent out of the access point locally. This requires the remote AP license and additional configuration. In the next major version of ArubaOS, this will not require the remote AP license.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Need to install an AP at a remote office

Colin,

Thank you very much. Can you point me to a document with instructions on how to connect to an AP65 directly for configuration? I'd like to check the configuration on a remote AP I recently found in my office. This AP was used at one time for a remote location and may have the secrets to my questions. :-)

Thank you again!
Mark
Guru Elite

Configuration

Mark,

If that AP was deployed on your network, it should just work when you plug it in. It should also work at the remote location on your private wan *UNLESS* it had a private IP address.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: