ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

OS upgrade on 6000 mk1m3

I am looking to upgrade my controller from 3.3.2.15 to 3.4.0.2. Have any of you performed this already? Experience any problems?

LP
Frequent Contributor I

Re: OS upgrade on 6000 mk1m3

Hello,

i have read that this Release is not Validated for Voice and Mesh Feature at the Moment.

Best Regards
Guru Elite

Not True

It is not true that it is not Validated for Mesh or Voice. More features were added to Voice and Indoor mesh no longer requires a license, as a matter of fact.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Hello,

that is the output from Alcatel Business Webpage if i want to download the Release 3.4.x.x:

"Please note that Voice products such as Alcatel Lucent Mobile IP Touch (MIPT) phones and OmniPCX Enterprise have not been fully validated with OmniAccess Wireless Release 3.4. If you are using a Mesh installation on 3.3, please consult technical support before upgrading to 3.4.Please consult technical support if you need any further assistance. "

Best Regards
Guru Elite

Yes

Mtraettner,

Yes.

Alcatel has its own internal timeframe for Validating their own equipment that will lag Aruba's timeframe. That message looks like it is referring to two Alcatel Voice Products, not "Voice" in general. The second statement about mesh is because there is some configuration with mesh that has changed, so users would need to know this before they upgrade.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thanks for replying! I am currently not using any mesh wireless networks or running VOIP. Are there any other concerns?

One of the upgraded features that I have read and like is the new updated "Guest Provisioning" web GUI. Does Aruba have the option of a self registration page for CP? Can I set the expiration date to one day after a registration and account creation? I would like to have guest register themselves, but not have the ability to set their own account expiration.

Any helpful advice you can provide is greatly appreciated!!!!
Guru Elite

Guest Access

Luca,

You should have no problems with the upgrade.

As for the guest access feature, when you say "self-registration", what do you mean in detail? How would it function.

Colin Joseph

New Contributor

OS upgrade

Just finished an upgrade on a new install and everything went fine. The only thing I noticed was that the 3.4.x.x documentation has not been updated properly. When I was creating the captive portal the documentation sends you to the maintenance tab which is incorrect. Love the wizards. Been working with Aruba since 2.5.x and they sure make life easier.
Guru Elite

Captive Portal

Obsidian Lock, we will get them to take a look at it. You are right - the Captive Portal used to be under the maintenance tab. Thanks for catching that.

Colin Joseph

upgrade

I upgraded, but have a few minor issues. One when I create snmp community strings using the web gui, nothing displays after I apply. I go into the cli and use the show command and that works. I uploaded jpegs for building schematics in 3.3.2.15, but now in 3.4.0.2, I can only see a few. I uploaded the backup I did in 3.3.2.15 for wms and still have same problem. I have a master/local configuration with all AP's terminating on the local. After upgrading, AP's randomly reboot all day. Can't seem to figure out what is causing that issue. One odd thing I found is that having a master/local setup you need to create to Captive Portal pages for each, if you have AP's on both controllers, was experimenting. The problems I am experiencing are mainly on the web gui. I did send an email to Aruba Support, but have not heard back yet.

I am curious about the AP's randomly rebooting all day. Any of you experience this? Any helpful advice to fix this issue?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Many Thanks,
Luca
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: