Contributor II

Os 5.0

I upgraded my office controller to 5.0 before doing any of my customer sites just to make sure that the upgrade process went okay. The upgrade went fine however after 2 days my microsoft DHCP server stopped working and the reason why is because it detetected another DHCP server. What I found is the AP's are handing out DHCP and its on a subnet that isn't even set up on the controller. Its a 192.168.11.X network. Any Ideas?
Aruba Employee

Re: Os 5.0

John,

192.168.11.x is the default DHCP range in the AP system profile. APs should only hand out those addresses if the SSID is in bridge mode or a RAP SSID in bridge or backup mode, though (AFAIK). Did you make your SSID a bridged SSID when you did the 5.0 upgrade?
Contributor II

We did not change anything all we did is upgrade. However, I see where I can at least take that out. I will try that and see if it fixes the problem. Thanks for the reply!
Aruba Employee

Are you sure no one modified anything? It seems really odd that after two days it started to occur, seems like if it were a bug in the upgrade process it would have happened right away. Any chance you have the 3.X config around? It might be good to try it again if it's in the lab. Make sure you back up your 5.0 licenses first, as you can only upgrade once and have the licenses converted.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Guru Elite

Known Issue --- Maybe your issue?

John,

There is a recently discovered issue where this happens. If you have AP 125s plugged in using enet1 instead of enet0 when you upgraded, some will give out IP addresses in the range you stated. The workaround for now is to ensure that the port for AP125s is plugged in on enet0, instead of enet1. Most likely, those APs are not booting to the controller, so if you do a "show ap database long" | include Down, you will see the wired mac addresses and be able to track down the switchports that are involved. The APs would then need to be plugged in on the enet0 port of the access point.

This has only been seen on the AP125 platform, so it may or may not apply to you.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

What would be a cli command to list which APs are using ETH1?
So far I got
show ap debug system-status ap-name XXX-X-XX | include ACTIVE

But have to go one AP at a time. Anyone know a better command?
Kind of a pre-upgrade check.
Guru Elite

Command

What would be a cli command to list which APs are using ETH1?
So far I got

show ap debug system-status ap-name XXX-X-XX | include ACTIVE

But have to go one AP at a time. Anyone know a better command?
Kind of a pre-upgrade check.

Don't have a command that will do this, but a fix is coming soon so you will not have to check.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

AP125s giving out addresses

we're using some AP 125s and I'm not sure what io port is hooked up. Is this bug on the AP125 or in the OS5.x code? We're still running 3.4.2.2 , just wondering, thx!
Aruba Employee

This issue is specific to ArubaOS 5.0.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: