Contributor II

PEF Demo

I recently installed a PEF demo on one of my customers sites and the customer decided that they couldn't afford it so I had to delete it. As soon as I rebooted the controller no matter what SSID anybody that authenicated went to the Guest Captive profile role. I can find nothing that refrences this and no matter what I do I can't get rid of it. In fact I defaulted the controller (Which didn't get rid of the lic) and it worked great. And then as soon as I put up the Guest SSID it did the same thing again!!!! So I defaulted it again and now they have no Guest access. Does anybody have any ideas? Or does anybody have anyway of REALLY defaulting the contoller to where it would act like that Lic was never loaded? Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Aruba

PEF Demo

The CLI command "write erase all" will definitely eradicate all configuration and license 'memory' from the controller.

Once you do that you should be able to start fresh.

That being said... in the case you described I would analyze the running configuration. What you are describing makes me think that all users are in the 'logon' role. If you analyze the logon role you will see it always triggers captive portal. What you need is for the logon role to allow any any instead of redirect to captive portal.
Contributor II

Re: PEF Demo

Agreed it is in the logon role. However, since PEF is disabled it won't let me change any of the rules in the logon role. Also it is not the role that I select as the default role. Very weird. Thanks for the command i might do that if i am desperate.
Contributor II

Re: PEF Demo

Problem resolved. Not for sure what fixed it. I upgraded the controller and I also changed the name of the guest SSID that was killing it. Poof it works now! Thanks for the help!
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: