ArubaOS and Controllers

dpi
Occasional Contributor II

Packet Capture from CLI?

I've been trying to do a packet capture on a client from the Web GUI, but for some reason the button is not working. Tried with Chrome, Firefox and Explorer with no success. What are the other options for a packets capture from a wireless client?
Thank you.
Guru Elite

Re: Packet Capture from CLI?

Please consult the document here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=192&d=1277808139 to do packet captures.

If that does not work, please let us know what steps you tried and what version of ArubaOS.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Great document, but I can't see the 'Interactive' check box. I've tried a few different controllers and APs, but it is never there.

Is this option to save to the AP still supported?

Thanks

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294
Guru Elite

Not supported any longer, because the packet capture would then be saved to the actual AP, taking up valuable space. Before 802.11n this was not a huge issue. The document definitely needs to be updated.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: