ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Port-channel support

Hi all,

i want to know if aruba 650 and 800 controllers support port channel ?

also what other controller series that support port channel

i need to ask another question:
i have a case that we need to install 7 AP 125 and 6 AP 65
the topology is controller --------------- poe Giga switch------------------------AP's

so we need to connect more than one port of the controller to the switch to load balance AP traffic

any suggestion?

could i separate each group of AP in a VLAN and assign it to access port and connect that port to the switch

in that case i will need to disable spanning tree
is that solution valid

thanx in advance
Guru Elite

Port Channel

Vip,

The 800 and 200 series do not support port channel. All of the other controllers do.

With the topology you described with the APs, you do not need a port channel. You should be able to support those APs on a single gigabit connection, due to the fact that the sustained throughput will be less than gig.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Port-channel support

Colin,

thanks for your reply

1- do you mean that 600 series support port channel?

2- ok for that scenario there is no need for ethernet channel but if the number of AP increase what is your recommendation for the network topology?
Guru Elite

Port Channel

Colin,

thanks for your reply

1- do you mean that 600 series support port channel?

2- ok for that scenario there is no need for ethernet channel but if the number of AP increase what is your recommendation for the network topology?

The 600 series support port channel. It would take quite a few access points to accumulate a sustained bandwidth that would tax a gigabit port. Quite. A. Few.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Port-channel support

More than just throughput, port-channel also has value as a redundant link.

Frank
New Contributor

port-channel support and HP Procure 5308

Hi All,

I am :confused:

I'm new to this forum. Can anyone please offer any hints / knowledge / insight or working expamples for connecting an ARTUBA3400 controller to a HP Procurve 5300XL using port-channels for aggregated throughput.

I''ve tried to set the HP ports to "trunk" (HP Parlance) and I keep getting network timeouts AND the AP's seem to discover the controller BUT no wireless access or network connectivity from the AP's

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Carl:
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: