ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Premade guest account

We like to make some templates in the Guest Provider part of the Aruba controller.

Our reception needs to be able to make 24 hours or one week account at a regular basis. But I can’t seem to be able to make any templates in the Guest Provider part of the Aruba controller.

Is it possible to make templates?
If yes, then how?
If no, then are there a 3rd party program who can make these templates?

Yours,

Poul Behrendt
DK
Guru Elite

Version of ArubaOS

We like to make some templates in the Guest Provider part of the Aruba controller.

Our reception needs to be able to make 24 hours or one week account at a regular basis. But I can’t seem to be able to make any templates in the Guest Provider part of the Aruba controller.

Is it possible to make templates?
If yes, then how?
If no, then are there a 3rd party program who can make these templates?

Yours,

Poul Behrendt
DK

If you use Kiwi Cat Tools (http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=897), you can automate this from the commandline and have it emailed to your reception or a group of people periodically. What happens is Kiwi Cat tools will login to the controller via SSH and execute the "local-userdb-guest add" command:

(m3.arubanetworks.com) #local-userdb-guest add generate-username generate-password email reception@arubanetworks.com expiry duration 10080

GuestConnect
Username: guest-9843606
Password: jhCF8956
Start date: Thu Oct 8 01:45:00 2009

Expiration: 10080 minutes

This requires ArubaOS 3.4 and above. The credentials will automatically be emailed to reception@arubanetworks.com and be created for 60*24*7 minutes or 1 week.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Premade guest account

It's possibility, but I would like to have et GUI for the people i the receptions, through which they can make the guest accounts.

/ Poul
Guru Elite

Guest Accounts

It's possibility, but I would like to have et GUI for the people i the receptions, through which they can make the guest accounts.

/ Poul

In that case, you would create a management account on the controller with the role of "guest-provisioning". This would allow that user who logs in to ONLY create guest accounts. This is located under Configuration> Management> Administration. Click on Add to add an account and make the role "Guest-Provisioning".

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

And we have done that, but again in the default template for making a guest user, the time periode is one hour form the moment you begin making a new user.

I'm looking for a way where the user who logon with an account with the role of Guest-provisioning can easy make guest account which is activ for 24 hour or a week or other "templated" accounts.

They are offent in situations where they need to make 20 x 24 hours accounts. And it is here I need the Template options.

It takes to long time to make the 20 account, by setting the duration by hand every time.

Guru Elite

I get it

And we have done that, but again in the default template for making a guest user, the time periode is one hour form the moment you begin making a new user.

I'm looking for a way where the user who logon with an account with the role of Guest-provisioning can easy make guest account which is activ for 24 hour or a week or other "templated" accounts.

They are offent in situations where they need to make 20 x 24 hours accounts. And it is here I need the Template options.

It takes to long time to make the 20 account, by setting the duration by hand every time.

I understand. We do not have that feature, but if you send me a private message, I can enter a request for enhancement for you.

Colin Joseph

Aruba Employee

Maybe you can add them manually, i know that its not a template or a gui interface, but you can run a script every week which includes all the users with passwords with the specific information you need, as role, name, pass, expiration and more, but its another choice.
Occasional Contributor I

I'm planing to see what I can do with scripting, though it's not til solution I'm looking for but it's still a step better then making all by hand.
Contributor I

Multiple logins

Don't forget that you can have multiple logins with a single account unless otherwise prevented.

We hand out a single account for large meetings or groups.
Occasional Contributor I

That is also one of the possibilities but then some of the securety gets lost.
It's then a bit harder tracking use trafic in the logs.

But you are right, it is a possibility :)
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: