ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Prevent Wired user connecting Wirelessly

Hello.

I got a question from a customer.
Is it possible for the Aruba system to prevent wired corporate connected users also connect wirelessly while connected wired?

I mean if a user is connected wired to the corporate network, they should not be allowed wirelessly to the corporate SSID.

The customer claims that this is sucking ip adresses (2 for each PC)

Setup: Aruba controller, multiple AP125. SSID: corporate in VLAN 1.
Only 1 VLAN on the controller. Which is connected directly to the wired corporate VLAN.
DHCP outside Aruba system.

Regards.

Ole Morten Karbo
Guru Elite

Supplicant

Aruba Cannot prevent this, but certain 3rd party supplicants, like Funk and IBM Access Connections, can do this. I also heard that this can be done with group policy, but I have never seen any evidence.

I'd really like to hear what everyone else is using.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

You can use X-Supplicant

Aruba Cannot prevent this, but certain 3rd party supplicants, like Funk and IBM Access Connections, can do this. I also heard that this can be done with group policy, but I have never seen any evidence.

I'd really like to hear what everyone else is using.

Provided you are using 802.1x authentication, there is a free supplicant called X-Supplicant that is configurable to prevent the wired and wireless interfaces from being connected at the same time.

X-Supplicant is available from the following location.

http://open1x.sourceforge.net/
Aruba Employee

Re: Prevent Wired user connecting Wirelessly

We use Juniper Odyssey to accomplish that (formerly Funk). Some wifi cards have that built into their configuration parameters as well.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: