ArubaOS and Controllers

New Contributor

Prioritize Terminal Services Traffic

Hello forum.

I am looking for good ways of "handling" a lot of students using terminal services in their study-work. We have user-comments on slowness, stuttering, random delays using e.g. MS Word on the server... Other traffic types works perfect and users are generally very happy with stability and performance.

The network is build of 37 AP65 and a 3400 controller, PEF license.

Average user load per radio module is between 15-30 users, looking on Airwave bandwidth usage is not alarming at all.

I am thinking that a cleverly build user-role that prioritize terminal services could help a lot - but what do you suggest ?

Regards
Ken
Guru Elite

Session ACL to pause scanning and put Terminal Services in the High Queue

Hello forum.

I am looking for good ways of "handling" a lot of students using terminal services in their study-work. We have user-comments on slowness, stuttering, random delays using e.g. MS Word on the server... Other traffic types works perfect and users are generally very happy with stability and performance.

The network is build of 37 AP65 and a 3400 controller, PEF license.

Average user load per radio module is between 15-30 users, looking on Airwave bandwidth usage is not alarming at all.

I am thinking that a cleverly build user-role that prioritize terminal services could help a lot - but what do you suggest ?

Regards
Ken

You can write a firewall policy that will pause ARM scanning when terminal services traffic is being passed by the user AND put it in the high queue (assuming terminal services traffic is TCP 3389):

config t
ip access-list session terminal-acl
alias "user" any tcp 3389 3389 permit disable-scanning queue high

Then, just add the terminal-acl firewall policy to the user rule.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Prioritize Terminal Services Traffic

Not sure if you've tried this, but I believe within Terminal Services you can select to use the Broadband Experience setting rather that the LAN setting.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: