ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor I

Priorize VoIP in User-Role

hi there,

imagine some RAP with connected voip-phone on eth1-wiredAP_port . connected (non-wifi) voip client would fall into a voice-role where SIP is high-queued.
now some corp-user connects to the same RAP using wifi and generates lots of traffic, the wifi corp-user is in another user-role.
while there's much traffic on the corp-ssid , now the voice-role stucks and voice is lost .

is there some possibility to priorize user-roles before "other" user-roles ? e.g. voice over some corp-access role ?

i thouight of putting wifiuser and voice-user into same role then it should work , but if the networks are different or should be separated we need another solution .

any ideas ? dont wanna bother the emea-support guys ;)

greetings
Guru Elite

Remote AP Bandwidth Reservation

With Remote AP bandwidth reservation, you can do this. This is new in ArubaOS 5.0.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Priorize VoIP in User-Role

If I have understood it correctly, you have to use session acl to define the traffic which needs to be prioritized. Is there a way to use dscp values as a filter value?
Guru Elite

Bandwidth Reservation

No, at this time, you can only specify a firewall policy and a bandwidth.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Priorize VoIP in User-Role

Ok.
Thank you Colin!
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: