ArubaOS and Controllers

Regular Contributor I

Priorize VoIP in User-Role

hi there,

imagine some RAP with connected voip-phone on eth1-wiredAP_port . connected (non-wifi) voip client would fall into a voice-role where SIP is high-queued.
now some corp-user connects to the same RAP using wifi and generates lots of traffic, the wifi corp-user is in another user-role.
while there's much traffic on the corp-ssid , now the voice-role stucks and voice is lost .

is there some possibility to priorize user-roles before "other" user-roles ? e.g. voice over some corp-access role ?

i thouight of putting wifiuser and voice-user into same role then it should work , but if the networks are different or should be separated we need another solution .

any ideas ? dont wanna bother the emea-support guys ;)

greetings
Guru Elite

Remote AP Bandwidth Reservation

With Remote AP bandwidth reservation, you can do this. This is new in ArubaOS 5.0.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Priorize VoIP in User-Role

If I have understood it correctly, you have to use session acl to define the traffic which needs to be prioritized. Is there a way to use dscp values as a filter value?
Guru Elite

Bandwidth Reservation

No, at this time, you can only specify a firewall policy and a bandwidth.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Priorize VoIP in User-Role

Ok.
Thank you Colin!
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: