ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Problem with Clients

Hello, I have a Aruba Controller 600 (AribaOS 3.3.2.7) and eleven AP-65 on my network. My controller was configurated about 2 years ago, and i never had problem with it. During the last month, some users are reporting some troubles with some clients. I don't know why, but some clients, when they try to connect to my WLAN, they don't get a valid IP adress, getting an 169.254.x.x ip. Minutes later, after i do nothing, the same client, in the same place, get an valid ip, and then they get acess to my network.
I have a Active Directory as DHCP server.
There's a case where an employee who sits under the AP take 5-10 minutes to connect to my WLAN. Then, if this employee moves his notebook about 2 or 3 meters from his table, the network goes down (even when Windows tells me that the quality is Very Good!).
I have this problem with two or three APs in the whole building.. And it's not a thing that happens everyday... just sometimes..

Can you imagine what can it be?

Thanks!!
Guru Elite

Microwave Ovens

Is there a microwave oven nearby? Wireless Video, perhaps?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Re: Problem with Clients

Is it always the same clients? What's the OS, driver level, etc.? Are the clients or users different from the clients that work? How do they authenticate?

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Occasional Contributor I

No.. There's no microwave near the APs...

And it's not just one client... Sometimes they connect.. sometimes not.. The OS is Windows XP, usually the NIC is a Broadcom.

They authenticate via a WPA2 key.. and the TDHCP is made by a 2003 AD.

If someone can help me, i will be very gratefull.

Thanks!!
Guru Elite

More clients

How many clients do you have on your network?
Is it more than it was deployed two years ago (probably)?
Do you have wired and wireless clients in the same network?
What is the client operating system mix?
Does this happen usually when alot of clients are on the network?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

I have about 800 users in my network, but just about 10% uses the WLAN... and i never see more than 25 people using the WLAN at the same time (in the whole network - 11 APs) and it's not the main use of the WLAN... I only have the APs at meeting rooms. At the users desk, they uses wired network..

Every computer is using Windows XP SP3.. I don't have Windows 2000 anymore and just IT Desktops are using Windows 7, to test it.

When it happens, i look in the aruba GUI, and there's about 20 users connected..

Thanks guys!!
Guru Elite

wired + wireless

Do you have wired and wireless stations in the same subnet.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

I have different VLANs for wired clients and wireless stations.
Guru Elite

Driver Versions

What are the driver versions, and dates of clients and what type of clients are they? Upgraded client drivers at times can solve a range of issues. You can also consider upgrading your controller, because considerable improvements have been made with client behavior. 3.4.2 would be my choice.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

I think i'll have to update the firmware version... I just have a doubt... if i upgrade the version, all my configurations will be lost, right? and due to different versions, my actual configuration backup won't work properly on the new version, i'm right or what i'm telling is not true?? Will I have to reconfigure the whole Controller?
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: