ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor I

Problem with Source NAT

I have four vlans defined on the controller, the default gateway for all vlans is the core switch. For a particular vlan I need to nat the traffic to route from the native vlan 100 ip subnet. I have created a new vlan 701 (10.7.1.0/24) and assigned an ip address to the vlan, enabled NAT and intervlan routing.

I need the traffic to be transmitted from an ip address other than the controllers local (192.168.100.5) or loopback interface (192.168.100.6). I defined a NAT pool and assigned an IP address (192.168.100.10). I created the relevant access control rules and enabled src-nat and selected the NAT pool object I just created.

The resource that needs to be accessed is behind a firewall so will only accept traffic from vlan 100 subnet. When the client connects the natting seems to work perfectly for around 5 minutes, but then stops. For testing I ran a constant ping. By modifing the ip address in the NAT pool to a different address, the constant ping starts to reply! and I can access the resource again, but for only 5 minutes or so until it stops.

Any clues as to why the natting stops working?
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: