ArubaOS and Controllers

Occasional Contributor II

Proxy Server for RAP

Scenario:
Controller with two Vlans:
Vlan1 : 10.64.10.x (Corporate vlan, external DHCP,Proxy server,gateway)
Vlan 2: 172.16.0.x (Branch vlan, internal DHCP)

RAP is broadcasting two SSIDs. One for VLAN 1 and one for VLAN 2.

When i connect to vlan1, i get ip from external DHCP, the gateway(proxy server),DNS and i can connect to the internet.

When i connect to vlan2, i get ip from internal controller DHCP, the gateway of controller, DNS ip from coorporate network... but problem is how to give it the proxy server address via DHCP... if i manually configure proxy from browser i am able to browse;otherwise not.

In IP Route, Gateway is the router b/w internet & intranet so i cannot change that ip.
Some one suggested to go for ESI... but still i need for suggestions in this regard....
Guru Elite

DHCP and Proxy

You need to figure out how the proxy parameters are delivered on that DHCP server and replicate those options to the internal controller DHCP server configuration. An example of one way to do it is here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2091

Scenario:
Controller with two Vlans:
Vlan1 : 10.64.10.x (Corporate vlan, external DHCP,Proxy server,gateway)
Vlan 2: 172.16.0.x (Branch vlan, internal DHCP)

RAP is broadcasting two SSIDs. One for VLAN 1 and one for VLAN 2.

When i connect to vlan1, i get ip from external DHCP, the gateway(proxy server),DNS and i can connect to the internet.

When i connect to vlan2, i get ip from internal controller DHCP, the gateway of controller, DNS ip from coorporate network... but problem is how to give it the proxy server address via DHCP... if i manually configure proxy from browser i am able to browse;otherwise not.

In IP Route, Gateway is the router b/w internet & intranet so i cannot change that ip.
Some one suggested to go for ESI... but still i need for suggestions in this regard....

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: